I am sorry for your loss.
Your cat. I saw your poster. I share your pain.
– Oh. My poster.
Yes. I share your pain.
– Your cat went missing too?
No, I don’t have a cat. But I saw your poster and I can relate to what you are going through.
– Ehm.. thanks I guess. But someone found my cat, I got it back.
Still, it must have been rough. If you need to talk about it. I am a good listener.
– Not really, I am fine. The cat is doing fine.
Are you sure?
– Yes yes. Everything is fine.
Must be nice having a cat.
– Well, sure. She is a great cat.
Yes. I did like the picture on your poster. She seems very gentle. And understanding, her eyes, they seem to understand you.
– Uhm.. okay.
Would you mind if I stop by and meet your cat?
– I don’t think…
No fuss, I just come over for tea. I can bake raspberry pie. Your cat can sit on my lap. You can talk. I’ll listen.
– No, sorry, I don’t think…
I am a good listener.
– Sorry, I am going to hang up now.